Chief Secretary Delhi convenes meeting of Members of Monitoring Committee for Yamuna constituted by the National Green
New Delhi, February 8, 2019: The Chief Secretary, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, Vijay Dev today convened a meeting with the Members of Monitoring Committee for the Yamuna constituted by the Hon’ble National Green Tribunal, Shailaja Chandra, Ex-Chief Secretary, Delhi and B.S.Sajwan, Ex. Member of NGT and attended by the Pr. Secy (UD), Rajiv Yaduvanshi, Commissioner of Industries Cum Managing Director DSIIDC, Secretary (Env) Cum Chairman, DPCC,Madhup Vyas, Commissioners of North, South & East Delhi Municipal Corporations , Chief Executive Officer Delhi Jal Board, Anil Kumar Singh, Secretary (Irrigation & Flood Control Department) , DDA and officials from other Departments to review the action being taken and to be taken in future to control the pollution in river Yamuna as per the Action Plan of the Monitoring Committee and also w.r.t the orders issued by the Chief Secretary on 09.01.2019 for the prevention of dumping of solid waste , sewage and industrial waste into the drains.
Action taken by the various departments and future plans to control pollution in river Yamuna were discussed and Chief Secretary emphasized that all concerned Departments / Authorities to gear up for urgent action as per the Action Plan of the Monitoring Committee and concerned officials / field officers / Engineers be made responsible and accountable for strict compliance of the order issued by Chief Secretary on 09.01.2019 for the prevention of dumping of solid waste , sewage and industrial waste into the drains.
After detailed discussions Chief Secretary directed that :
• Delhi Jal Board shall ensure that its Sewage Treatment Plants are operated properly to meet the prescribed standards, deadlines given for its various projects are met and there is no leakage of wastewater from the sewerage system to the drains.
• Delhi Jal Board shall expedite the matter regarding registering of the vendors for collection, transportation and disposal of Septic Tank effluent into Sewage Pumping Stations / Sewage Treatment Plants as per the provisions of the recent notification issued for septage management.
• Delhi Jal Board shall look into the matter regarding charging for sewage generated from the House Holds which are not connected to Sewerage System or located in the area not having sewerage system keeping in view the directions of NGT.
• Industries Department & DSIIDC shall ensure that CETPs function properly and take necessary action against the Industries / Units which are not connected to CETPs.
• DDA to also take necessary action and issue orders in respect of its Drains w.r.t orders issued by Chief Secretary on 09.01.2019 for the prevention of dumping of solid waste, sewage and industrial waste into the drains.
• All the Municipal Corporations, Irrigation & Flood Control Department, DJB, PWD, & DSIIDC, to take urgent necessary action to prevent dumping of solid waste & sewage into the drains and impose spot fine of Rs. 50000 on the violators as per the orders issued by Chief Secretary on 09.01.2019 and send such information in the prescribed Format to Monitoring Committee by 10th of each month.
• DPCC to also act on the polluters pay principal as per NGT Order and impose Environmental Compensation on violating Industries / Units.
• Environment Department to Co-ordinate for implementation of the Action Plan of the Monitoring Committee and River Rejuvenation Plan recently prepared and submitted to CPCB.