Chandigarh, March 18, 2020 ( By YS.Rana): In continuation to the earlier instructions dated March 16 issued with regard to precautionary measures in wake of a pandemic due to outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the following decision has been taken by the Punjab and Haryana High Court, till further orders:
1. All ordinary and regular cases are shown in the Cause List shall not be taken up and will be adjourned for four weeks. The next date shall be shown on the official website of the High Court, except for the cases mentioned in Para No. 1 of the Order/Notice dated 16.03.2020, in which earlier date will be given on special mentioning by the respective Bench where the case is listed.
2. The following category of the cases has been identified. The mentioning of the respective category of cases shall be made before the Bench specified against the said category as under:
A. Cases of the roster of Division Bench-I: Chief Justice
B. Tax matter: Justice S. Muralidhar
C. Criminal matters (Anticipatory Bails/Suspension of Sentences): Justice Rajiv Sharma
D. Criminal Matters (Quashing Petition U/s 482 Cr.P.C. & Protection Matters etc.) and any other criminal matters not specified in Sr. No. 3: Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain
E. Writ Matters of Division Bench and remaining civil matters of Division Bench Justice Jaswant Singh
F. Civil Matters of Single Bench Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rajan Gupta
G. Writ Matters of single Bench & any other categories not specified above Justice Ajay Tewari
3. In case any judge as mentioned above is not holding the Court, the mentioning of the subject matter given against name will be made before the judge next in the serial number. In case, the judge mentioned at Sr. No. 7 is not holding the Court, the mentioning of his subject matter will be made before the judge mentioned at Sr. No. 6.
4. To regulate the entry of the litigants, it is reiterated that the entry of litigants is prohibited in the high court, except in cases of personal appearance specifically ordered by the court.
5. The advocates are requested to ensure that only one lawyer per case attends the hearing, except in case of a lead senior advocate who may be assisted by one assisting counsel.
6. The lawyers appearing for mentioning before particular Bench are requested to appear in batches of five.
7. The entry of law interns is also restricted for the time being.