’Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ scheme ?

’Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ scheme ?

Chandigarh June 11- While describing ’Mera Pani Meri Virasat’ as a  scheme aimed at water conservation in the interest of farmers and future generations, Haryana Chief Minister,  Manohar Lal today announced that 1000 bore wells would be constructed in the State for the recharging of underground water. To begin with, the scheme would be implemented in three blocks of Guhla, Ismailabad and Ratia.

 Manohar Lal was addressing a press conference here today. Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, J.P Dalal was also present on this occasion.

 The Chief Minister said that one such bore well would cost Rs 1.50 lakh. Out of this, farmers would be required to pay only 10 percent while the remaining 90 percent would be borne by the State Government. These bore wells after construction would be handed over to the farmers for maintenance. He said that in the paddy rich areas, the water level has gone down to 81 meters which used to be 40 to 50 meters ten years back.

 Manohar Lal said that the “Meri Pani Meri Virasat” is being appreciated by the farmers as it is not only in their interest but would also prove to be beneficial for their future generations. He said that Haryana is primarily an agrarian state and agriculture contributes a major portion of the State’s economy. He said that there were about 17 lakh farmers’ families in the State and the government is making constant efforts for ensuring their welfare, progress and prosperity. He lamented that the few opposition parties are using the farmers just to grind their own axes. He said that farmers are the backbone of our economy and the present State Government is always concerned about their welfare and prosperity.

 While taking a dig at the opposition for opposing the “Mera Pani Meri Virasat” scheme, the Chief Minister said that as the areas falling under Guhla, Ismailabad and Ratia blocks are more prone to floods being adjacent to river Ghaggar, the State Government has decided to give certain relaxation to farmers. He said that farmers who would register themselves under this scheme, their premium under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) would be paid by the State Government. Apart from this, the State Government would also give a grant of Rs 30,000 per acre to the farmers adopting horticulture farming.

        He said that about 53,000 farmers have so far given their consent on the portal for sowing alternate crop on 58,421 hectares under the scheme. He said that the State Government has set a target to cover one lakh hectares. While referring to the Bhavantar Bharpai Yojana, he said that 18 types of vegetables and fruits have been included under the scheme. He said that an amount of Rs 10.11 crore has been distributed to the farmers under the scheme in the last 1.5 years.

 The Chief Minister said that as a result of better water management, the State Government has been successful in ensuring water to the 293 tail ends out of the total 300 tails where water had not reached in the last several years. He said that after the proactive steps taken by the State Government, work has been started on the Lakhwar, Kishau and Renuka Dam projects. After the completion of these three projects, Haryana would get 47 per cent water as its share.  While referring to the Sutlej Yamuna Link (SYL) Canal, he said that even the Supreme Court has said that Haryana should get its legitimate share of water through SYL. He said that now only the execution orders are to be passed by the Supreme Court.

He said that similarly, with a view to making sugarcane growers progressive, the crushing capacity of 11 cooperative and 3 private sugar mills is being increased in a phased manner. He said that in the year 2014, the crushing capacity of all the mills was 24,800 TCD which would be increased to 32,100 TCD in the coming years. He said that the recovery of the sugar mills has also been increased upto 10 percent. He said that for better management of sugar mills and to ensure that they are in profits, the Managing Directors for three sugar mills would be appointed through outsourcing having experience in the said fields.

All Time Favorite

Categories