Jalandhar,July 31, 2020: Punjabi cultural festival of ‘Teeyan Da Mela’ dedicated to the female folklore was celebrated at Lyallpur Khalsa College today, firmly adhering to the guidelines of social distancing as prescribed by the government during the ongoing Covid-19 scenario. During this vibrant event, Gidha, Songs, Group dance and all the customary vivacious colors were duly presented. Speaking on the occasion, Principal Dr. Gurpinder Singh Samra recognized the immense success attained by skilled and hardworking women in almost every field of the modern world. He also lauded the girls of the region who are continuously earning laurels for themselves and the institution in the Cultural, Sports and Academic fields. Dr Samra also stressed the need for the youth to attach themselves to such cultural occasions in the modern era and specifically take pride in our rich culture and traditions. The program was also observed by Dr. Tarsem Singh, Dr Gitanjali Moudgil, Dr Harjinder Singh Sekhon, Dr. Palwinder Singh and other members of the faculty.
By Madhur Vyas:
You may also like
About the author
- GRANT OF PERMANENT COMMISSION TO WOMEN OFFICERS IN INDIAN ARMY
- Heavy rain batters India’s Mumbai disrupting rail and road traffic
- India on guard in Kashmir ahead of the anniversary of lost autonomy
- Sun Pharma latest to sell COVID-19 drug favipiravir in India
- Pakistan’s new map an exercise in political absurdity, says India
- With their support, 200 ICU beds & 500 non ICU beds would be added to existing strength: Deputy Commissioner
- Raksha Bandhan: A Day Celebrating Tom and Jerry of Our Houses
- Haryana approves Rs 1304.95 for crop residue management
- पेट्रोलियम गैस मंत्रालय ने डी जल के थोक और खुदरा विपणन का अधिकार देने के नियमों को सरल बनाया
- ਆਈ. ਟੀ. ਆਈ ਗਰਾਊਂਡ ’ਚ ਹੋਵੇਗਾ ਆਜ਼ਾਦੀ ਦਿਹਾੜੇ ਦਾ ਜ਼ਿਲਾ ਪੱਧਰੀ ਸਮਾਗਮ
All Time Favorite
She's an explorer and highly passionate about writing, painting and traveling. She is dynamic and a natural leader who believes in excellent communication, fearless journalism to pen down her words with the same approach.